File: Owens Park

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/756
  • Dates of Creation
      1958-1976
  • Physical Description
      4 folders

Scope and Content

The Owens Park campus or "village" was a major University residential project of the 1960s, which provided a new type of student accommodation. Owens Park was situated in Fallowfield to the south of the University campus, and opened in 1964. The file includes minutes of the Planning Sub-Committee ,and the committee responsible for the administration of Owens Park. There is also correspondence and reports supplied by the head of the Owens Park Tutors, the award of a Civic Trust prize for the project (1966), discipline issues and extension of visitors hours (1968). A separate folder (4) relates to discussions of further development of the campus between 1967-1970.

Former reference: 310

Conditions Governing Access

A number of items is this file are closed to public inspection; please consult archivist for further information.

Related Material

See also minutes of the Owens Park Tutors committee (OPT) and file VCA/7/912 for post-1976 period.