File: Needham Hall

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/211
  • Dates of Creation
      1944-1969
  • Physical Description
      1 folder

Scope and Content

Correspondence and papers relating to Needham Hall. The Hall was named after a former chairman of Council, Sir Christopher Needham, and was situated in Didsbury, south Manchester. The Hall opened in 1959, and originally accommodated 120 male students. Most of the papers relate to Needham's bequest of property in Didsbury and the building of the hall in the late 1950s, although there are some letters referring to complaints about the standard of food at the Hall in the late 1960s.

Former reference: 255

Related Material

The University Archives also has custody of the minutes of the Needham Hall Committee (USC/56).