File: Montgomery House

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/564
  • Dates of Creation
      1945-1966
  • Physical Description
      1 folder

Scope and Content

File relating to the Montgomery House hall of residence, a private hall run by the Young Men's Christian Association. The hall, located in Alexandra Park , was opened in 1952 by Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery, and catered for male students, not all of whom were University students. Montgomery House ceased to be a licenced hall of residence in 1966, although it continued as a YMCA hostel.

Former reference: 58

Conditions Governing Access

Access conditions apply to some parts of this file; please consult the archivist for further details.