The Journal of Semitic Studies was set up in 1954 and originally funded by a covenant from the Isaac Wolfson Foundation. In later years, the University took responsibility for this publication (published until 1985 by the University Press). It was overseen by an Advisory Committee, appointed by the Council. The file covers routine administration of the journal.
Former reference: 738