File: Department of Geography

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/398
  • Dates of Creation
      1951-1968
  • Physical Description
      2 folders

Scope and Content

The Department of Geography was established when H.J. Fleure (1877-1969) was appointed to the chair in 1930. Most of the file comprises routine administrative material, but there are some papers relating to the department's sponsorship of J.A. Taylor's land-use surveys.

Former reference:119

Conditions Governing Access

Some parts of this file are closed; please consult archivist for further details.

Related Material

See also VCA/7/1056 for the earlier period and  VCA/7/629 for the period 1970-1985. See also VCA/7/50 and VCA/7/480 for appointments to chairs in geography.