File: Buildings/Extensions: Physical Training Centre/Wythenshawe Sports Ground

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/257
  • Dates of Creation
      1936-1940
  • Physical Description
      3 folders

Scope and Content

Papers concerning the development of the University's physical training centre, known as the MacDougall Centre, which opened in January 1940, equipped with a gymnasium, swimming baths and drill hall for the Senior Training Corps. There is also material relating to the development of a new sports ground at Wythenshawe in south Manchester.

Former reference: 297

Related Material

See also VCA/7/254.