File relating to the Department of Electrical Engineering (renamed from Electro-Technics in 1948). The file includes some earlier correspondence with Professor Willia Jackson relating to his research and outside interests, but mainly the file is correspondence with Professor F C Williams and colleagues, and concerns the Department's leading role in the development of computers in this period (Mark 1, MEG, Atlas). This includes the Department's close association with Ferranti in developing these computers.Includea a memorandum by Williams on external usage of the computer, the transfer of the Computing Machine Laboratory to the Department of Electical Engineering in 1954, a report on the Laboratory by Kilburn, 1960, prepared for the Ford Trust, the iauguration and operation of the Atlas computer.
File: Department of Electrical Engineering
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 VCA/7/1061
- Dates of Creation1945-1966
- Physical Description2 folders