Papers concerning the work of the Manchester Joint Research Council. The Council was established in 1944 by the University and the Manchester Chamber of Commerce to encourage closer relations between academic scientists and industry. The Council tried particularly to improve scientific and technical information available to small firms. The file includes a minute of last meeting of the Council on 12 May 1972, when its affairs were wound up.
Former reference: 315