File: Chaplaincy

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/605
  • Dates of Creation
      1953-1976
  • Physical Description
      2 folders

Scope and Content

Correspondence between the University and the Church of England Chaplaincy attached to the University. The Chaplaincy had connections with St Ambrose's Church, Hulme (demolished in 1967), and in the early 1960s was based at 325 Oxford Road. The chaplaincy later moved to St Peter's House, Oxford Road, an ecumenical Christian establishment. The file includes discussion of the development of the Chaplaincy's services in the 1960s, including plans for an ecumenical Christian centre for University students. There is also more routine material relating to religious services and social events at the Chaplaincy.

Former reference: 464