An ordinary of arms, probably compiled by Richard Mawson, Portcullis Pursuivant, 1718-1745. Index added. Astronomical tables of eclipses transcribed on several pages.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 25
- Dates of Creation18th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionExtent of unit of description: 200 x 160 mm. 1 volume (373 folios);
Scope and Content
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Purchased by Mrs Enriqueta Rylands, on behalf of the John Rylands Library, in 1901 from James Ludovic Lindsay, 26th Earl of Crawford.
Description compiled by Henry Sullivan, project archivist.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1928 (English MS 25).
Formerly part of the Bibliotheca Lindesiana, the Library of the Earls of Crawford and Balcarres, from Haigh Hall, Wigan, Lancashire. Former owners: John Warburton, Somerset Herald (d. 1759); Thomas Willement (d. 1871).