Introducing the Archives Hub
The Archives Hub brings together descriptions of thousands of the UK’s archive collections. Representing nearly 300 institutions across the country, the Archives Hub is an effective way to discover unique and often little-known sources to support your research.
- Use the Hub to instantly scan the archival landscape and bring together diverse sources held in repositories across the country.
- Historians will find the Hub an essential tool for their research.
- Postgraduate students can find new sources and make new connections for their dissertations
- Educators can take advantage of the Hub to introduce students to primary sources for their course work.
- Archivists and librarians can use the Hub in support of their work and in support of their users
Whether you are just starting out or are ready to explore your subject in depth, the Archives Hub can help inform your work.
Within the collections represented on the Hub there is a huge diversity of content, from the archives of industries, institutions and researchers to the letters and manuscripts of writers and poets. New descriptions of archives are being added all the time, so the Hub is always worth a visit.
The Archives Hub team work closely with our contributors to make sure that we maintain and develop the best possible service for end users.
The archival record is the direct, uninterpreted and authentic voice of the past: the primary evidence of what people did and what they thought... The archival record is the foundation on which we build all our histories.
Archives for the 21st Century
Crown Copyright 2009