PLEASE NOTE: The Editor Help is currently being re-written for our new Hub EAD Editor, which completely replaced the old Editor in November 2017.
The Archives Hub EAD Editor is a sophisticated cataloguing tool that creates standardised, interoperable EAD.
Please use our Guide to the EAD Editor as your main help aid for creating a description.
- Create a collection level or multi-level entry
- Add former and alternative references in addition to current references
- Add standardised dates for searching in addition to display dates
- Link to VIAF names through our VIAF lookup
- Preview all of your work as you go along
- Use our formatting menu to add italics, lists and links
- Add images and links to digital content
- Add structured index terms, including events
- Add both place names and geographical features
- Add levels to your description, which you can view in a tree structure
- View a list of your descriptions and select a description to edit
- Select a description to delete
- As an Admin user, view descriptions created using basic user accounts
- It is important to read our information about uploading EAD to the Editor before you begin
- Select an EAD description to upload
- You cannot upload Calm EAD to the Editor as the high degree of variation in the EAD creates issues. Please email us for further information
- This is currently being developed (May 2017)
- Change your details: Full name, email, telephone
- Change your password
- You can request further user accounts from the Hub team. We can provide additional administrator accounts and basic user accounts, where the user can only edit the descriptions they have created