The Archives Hub EAD Editor is a sophisticated cataloguing tool that creates standardised, interoperable EAD.
- Create a collection level or multi-level entry
- Add former and alternative references in addition to current references
- Add standardised dates for searching in addition to display dates
- Link to VIAF names through our VIAF lookup
- Preview all of your work as you go along
- Use our formatting menu to add italics, lists and links
- Add images and links to digital content
- Add structured index terms, including events
- Add both place names and geographical features
- View and navigate your hierarchy via the tree structure
- Use templates to create boilerplate text
- Add descriptions of theme-based online resources
- Create admin users, who can access all descriptions, and basic users, who can access their own edit area
- It is not possible to upload all EAD descriptions, as the variations in EAD make this impractical
- It is important to read our information about uploading EAD to the Editor before you begin
- Calm EAD cannot be uploaded to the Editor as it has too many issues. We can take Calm exports directly from you.
- Admin users can access all descriptions. Usually each institution has one admin login. We can create a number of basic user accounts, and access is then restricted to descriptions created through that account.
The Editor can be used to create interoperable EAD descriptions that can be uploaded to the Hub or to other systems.