PLEASE NOTE: We are moving to a competely new Editor in 2017. Our Editor pages are gradually being re-written to relate to the new Editor. All contributors using the old Editor will be contacted regarding moving onto the new Editor. New contributors will be set up on the new Editor.
The new Editor
Login: To use the new Editor you need to contact us. We are implementing a controlled migration from the old to the new Editor.
The old Editor
HelpEAD Editor Help Pages are curently being re-written for the new Editor.
The EAD Editor enables you to
- Create new descriptions by filling in a simple form
- Create collection-level and multi-level entries
- Add links to images and digital content
- Embed images in descriptions
- Save and store descriptions for subsequent editing
- Add formatting, lists and links
- Create persistent identifiers for each description
- View a tree structure of multi-level descriptions
- Upload EAD records from your local machine
- Create new users (if you are an administrator)