The CIIM is the administrative interface for the Archives Hub. The CIIM allows contributors to view the descriptions they have on the Hub, to un-publish and re-publish and to upload new descriptions that are Hub valid EAD.
Email the Archives Hub to obtain a username and password.
Guide to using the CIIM (Word Doc. v2, Nov 2018)
Video tutorials (YouTube channel): Browse; Uploading descriptions; Errors with upload.
Submissions from the EAD Editor
Descriptions submitted to the Hub from the Editor will automatically be uploaded straight into the CIIM. They typically go live within 15 minutes, but can take longer if the system is particularly busy.
- Select collection level descriptions or components. The number of matches is provided.
- Search all text or by title
- Sort by date processed or title
- Switch to image view to see any digital content you have included
- Click on a description to preview it and see any related lower level entries
Please check with the Hub team before using the upload facility, as we need to ensure your processing pipelines are in place in order that the descriptions are correctly processed.
We highly recommend reading the CIIM guide or watching the audio tutorial before using the Data Manager to upload.
- View the status of your descriptions: published, unpublished, not accepted
- Descriptions that have not been accepted are listed, with the reason why, e.g. not conformant XML
- Upload descriptions, which will go through the automated data ingest process and will immediately be made live if they are valid Hub EAD
- Make your own corrections or ask the Hub team to resolve issues
- Un-publish to immediately remove descriptions from the Archives Hub; you can re-publish when you wish
- Download the original file or the processed file
- Order by date, filename, title
- Search by title, reference or filename
CIIM Browse interface