The CIIM is the administrative interface for the Archives Hub. The CIIM allows contributors to view the descriptions they have on the Hub, to un-publish and re-publish and to upload new descriptions that are Hub valid EAD.
Access the CIIM: https://admin.archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/ciim
Email the Archives Hub to obtain a username and password.
Guide to using the CIIM (v1.6, March 2018)
Use of the CIIM and the EAD Editor
Note that you should not upload descriptions to the CIIM if you use the Editor. We will be implementing automatic upload from the Editor during 2018, so that when you submit to the Hub, your descriptions are uploaded straight into the CIIM.
- Select collection level descriptions or components. The number of matches is provided.
- Search all text or by title
- Sort by date processed or title
- Switch to image view to see any digital content you have included
- Click on a description to preview it and see any related lower level entries
Please check with the Hub team before using the upload facility, as we need to ensure your processing pipelines are in place in order that the descriptions are correctly processed.
We highly recommend reading the CIIM guide or watching the audio tutorial before using the Data Manager to upload.
- View the status of your descriptions: published, unpublished, not accepted
- Descriptions that have not been accepted are listed, with the reason why, e.g. not conformant XML
- Upload descriptions, which will go through the automated data ingest process and will immediately be made live if they are valid Hub EAD
- Make your own corrections or ask the Hub team to resolve issues
- Un-publish to immediately remove descriptions from the Archives Hub; you can re-publish when you wish
- Download the original file or the processed file
- Order by date, filename, title
- Search by title, reference or filename
CIIM Browse interface